Website Matches Volunteers With Nonprofits In Need
Does your nonprofit organization need staffers with special talents? Now you don’t have to spend hours recruiting and vetting candidates with a hit-or-miss approach. A New York City-based service named Catchafire.org has launched a website that matches nonprofits to volunteers with the requisite skills.
Access to the list of volunteers is free, but nonprofits must pay a fee averaging about $200 for each “match” found through the website. Catchafire is the brainchild of CEO and founder Rachel Chong, a former investment banker. According to Chong, nonprofits typically need volunteers skilled in public relations, marketing, social media, and design (including web design).
Volunteers can use Catchafire.org for free by logging in to Facebook and importing details about their professional experience and education from a LinkedIn profile. Those not quite so social media-savvy can input their information manually, providing details about availability, location, interests, and skills. The website features video “success stories” of volunteers who have found positions through Catchafire.org, and volunteers can browse a list of current opportunities. Those who sign up will be quizzed briefly about their backgrounds and to verify their skills. With about 2,000 volunteers who have registered, the site could help you find enthusiastic recruits willing and able to pitch in.
© 2019. All Rights Reserved.
- 5 Tips For Vacation Home Buyers
- How To Pick A Successor To Run Your Company
- Paying Estate Taxes Over 14 Years
- Planning Ahead Doesn't End In Retirement
- Don't Trust Your Roth To The Kids
- 5 Tips To Manage Your 401(k) Wisely
- 4 Strategies To Prepare For Higher Interest Rates
- The Dawning Of New Financial Regulations
- Combat Fears Of Runaway Inflation
- Not All ETFs Are Tax-Efficient Anymore
- Planning For A Child With Special Needs
- Pros And Cons Of Leasing Employees
- Tax Court Okays Deducting Cost Of MBA
- Default Investment Options For 401(k)s
- Do A Direct 401(k) To Roth Rollover
Not Found any published videos!